Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Future of jobs
Seems hard to believe there ever was a time when jobs came easy. Does any one remember that time? Now I hear when job seekers are offered the first position of their job search with less money and pass it up they don't get another offer for a long time! My advice right now even if the first offer you get is less than the last position you had and it is with a worthy company doing what you enjoy take it! You can still look for another job while you are employed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember graduating from college in 1980 with a Bachelor's in Mathematics and Computer Science and getting two job offers. One was in Orange County CA, and the other in Denver (for "the phone company," remember that!).
ReplyDeleteNow, I take odd jobs as they come about, and I feel very self-employed. This is the future of employment. Part time jobs, low wages, few benefits. At least I work from home.